Monday, November 21, 2011

Why don't they allow newscasters to have facial hair?

I notice that a lot of the news anchors on CNN and ESPN do not have facial hair other than a mustache. I'm pursuing a career in broadcast journalism but I have a lot of facial hair, basically my goatee is connected to my sideburns if that explains it. Everyone tells me that it is required that news anchors not have facial hair. I personally dodon'tnderstand why that rule is even in play, but if someone can explain it to me or clarify that would help.





ThanksWhy don't they allow newscasters to have facial hair?
The presence of Wolf Blitzer on CNN is one indication that these experts maynotknow wat they are talking about.Why don't they allow newscasters to have facial hair?
You really have to pursue an interest in human psychology to understand the answer your question. I can't go into it here with the limited time and space. But in short, think of it this way. What type of stranger would a child approach if s/he was in need of help? This is basically why news people have the appearance they do. Only after they have established their name and standing in the industry, do they get away with facial hair. Like Wolf Blitzer. Which is ironic since he represents just the Liberal view.





Another aspect to this is the fact that newscasters generally have a mid-western accent. There are 6 officially recognized accents in the U.S. with dozens of sub-accents derived from these 6. But America identifies with the mid-western accent and it is subconsciously recognized as the one America uses.
NO YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THAT,THERE WERE ONE OR TWO BLACK REPORTERS YEARS AGO FROM NY THAT HAD FACIAL HAIR,IN FACT THE GUY ON CHANNEL 9 NEWS IS BLACK AND HE HAS A MUSTACHE,I FORGET HIS NAME BUT HE IS A CURRENT NEWS JOURNALIST WHO DOES THE 10 PM NEWS EVERY NIGHT! THE STATION IS CALLED 9 ON NEWYORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment